Book your virtual tax appointment here and let us help you maximise your claims.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Take the hassle out of tax time with specialist tax services designed to maximise your claims.

Spend less time poring over your tax returns and more time growing your business with tax services designed to boost your refund. From understanding your entitlements and maximising deductions to advising on tax-efficient solutions and partnering for year-round accounting solutions, our team are here to help your business become the best it can be.

Our Tax Services For Companies & Trusts

Take the stress out of tax

As a small business, understanding all elements of your tax obligations and entitlements can get complicated. Working closely with you, our team will do all the leg work to ensure you spend less time stressing about your claims and more time focussing on your business.

Maximum refund guarantee

As your partner in tax, we’ll help you to maximise concessions like the instant asset write off and uncover other deductions or exemptions to boost your refund. With complete confidence in our expertise and experience, we always back ourselves to achieve the best possible outcome. Talk to us to find out more about guaranteed refunds.

Your partner in business

We’re so much more than a tax agent. Working with your business all year round, we can help you with other essential services like bookkeeping and BAS lodgement. We’ll also help you transition as your business grows to ensure you’re always operating with tax efficiency.

Why choose Simmons Livingstone & Associates?

To us, it’s personal

We won’t just give you generic guidance and send you on your way. The two most important components of our business is our staff and clients, so we always put them first.

We’re proactive

Whether it’s keeping clients informed of tax changes or spotting opportunities for growth for our clients, we’re always looking for ways to improve.


At the end of the day, we’re here to help you achieve financial goals - whatever they may be. We do this by getting to know you and your situation, then helping you in whatever way you need.

We really listen

Everyone has a different definition of financial success. That’s why we really listen to our clients, so that every recommendation is aligned to your own unique goals.

Sole Trader & Partnership FAQ’s

What information do you need to help me with tax lodgement?

As a sole trader, we will require information relevant to your personal tax and a schedule of source information for income and expenses for your business. All information will be lodged under your personal tax file number.

To discuss what information is required for lodgement, please contact us on 1800 618 800 or email us at

How long will it take to receive my refund?

We strive to have your return prepare within 2 weeks and electronic returns are normally processed within two weeks. Paper returns are processed manually, taking up to 10 weeks.

Once the ATO has processed your tax return, they will issue a notice of assessment telling you if you’re entitled to a refund or that you have a tax debt to pay.

If you have a myGov account linked to the ATO, your notice of assessment will be sent to your myGov Inbox. You will receive an email or SMS from myGov telling you when to check your myGov Inbox.

Sometimes, the ATO may take longer than the timeframes listed above to process returns. Returns can be delayed for a number of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are:

  • you have recently lodged tax returns for previous years
  • you currently have a debt with the ATO
  • you are under an insolvency administration, for example, bankruptcy or debt arrangement
  • the Australian financial institution account details associated with your return changed during processing
  • information needs to be checked with other Australian Government agencies such as Services Australia including Centrelink, Child Support or Family Assistance Office
  • information you have provided needs to be verified, including spouse details and private health insurance information or cross-check the information.

Will I still pay tax if my business records a loss?

If your business records a loss, you can generally carry forward that loss and claim a deduction for your business in a future year. You may be able to offset your business losses against other types of assessable income for the same income year.

There are certain conditions in which must be followed. For further information and to discuss your circumstances, contact us on 1800 618 800 or email us at

How will COVID-19 impact business tax claims?

If you have been eligible to receive funds as part of the stimulus package, you will need to ensure these are included in your claim.

Enquire Now

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Our Accreditations